Hello up there, it's me down here!

Friday, July 11, 2003

just a little something to share...
Last night i went with a friend to her Aunts house. It was fun, i love to hang out with the family. Anyway, so we got Chineese food FROM PUBLIX!! (but thats another story). Then, we finished off the meal with a fortune cookie. For those of you who dont know i have a thing with fortune cookies. Or rather, fortune cookies have a thing with me! You see, ever since my freshman year of college i seemed to have always gotten a fortune cookie that actually meant something at the time. And no i am not talking about your typical vague 'it could happen to anyone' fortune. For some reason or another my fortune cookies seem to give a little advice about the issue at hand. For exaple lets pull up a few. Freshman year i got a fortune that read, 'You will make change for the better'. Now for some reason i decided to stick that one on my TV, little did i know that a couple months later i was going to Learn about Christ's great love and 'make a change for the better!' Okay, was that not good enough. The next year as i was struggling with getting work done and getting really behind in studies, I recieved another fortune cookie that read, 'Now is a good time to finish up old tasks.' Okay Okay dont agree with me yet? Next, i was struggling with the thought of going on my first mission's trip. I was having a hard time thinking that i could do or say anything that would be beneficial to anyone spiritually. Well, guess what. I ate Chineese, and it just so happened that i got a fortune cookie that read a little something like this..."you can lead others back into the fold." Okay and thats just a few. Now maybe it's a stretch to see a relation between the issue at hand and the fortunes, but let me tell you... I got another fortune last night after we ate chineese.

Now i suppose i have to explain a little bit of a struggle i am in now. I have recently graduated from FSU and i am having a bit of a struggle with the transition from student to adult. I also have been having little problem with the fam. and i was struggling with the thought of either moving to Orlando or staying here in Ft. Lauderdale (this shall be the topic of another entry), but the most important part of the struggle is that I was loosing focus on God, i was trying to hold on as much as possible (still struggling to let go) to this problem and then wondering, why oh why wasnt my God helping me out here. Well, This of course was fresh on my mind as a hand came toward me holding a small plastic wrapped sugar cookie. Fortune cookie? sure! i unwrapped it, cracked it open, and.... "Depart not from the path which fate has you assigned." wow, now sing with me, doodo do do doodoo do do (twilight zone). This came to me as good advice to keep stead fast on the Lord and not get distracted by these bumps and stumps (which feels more like hills and moutains) and to also pray about the situation and not to settle for anything other than what the Lord wants for me. Wheew, i bet you never knew that God could work through old chineese traditions!?!?